Friday, October 26, 2012

Kapit - 3rd Part (Hari Raya AidilAdha)


Selamat Hari Raya Aidil Adha!!!

Ok so, here I am in Kapit and this is my first time ever celebrating Hari Raya far from my family… but hey, surprisingly... it is not that bad…
J
 
The Mosque that we went for our Solat Raya ^.^


We went to the mosque for the Solat Sunat Hari Raya. It started around 7.50 am (My housemate was kind of late so she speeding without any glance to the person behind her… luckily I know where to go despite being here for about 10 days... ^___^. The solat and the kutbah end around 9.00 am and we begin our journey around Kapit, visiting friends (I went back home first to fetch my phone in 10 minutes flat. Yahoo me!!) and friend’s friend… if that making any sense… J

 
 
 
 
 
From left, Sis Syud, Sis Lini, Sis Ashikin, Me,
Sis Shida and Farhana
  
 I went to eleven houses and that was kind of like record breaking since I never went more than three open houses in one day. It was fabulous and everyone was so nice to us~

 

 
Khairil, Ustaz, Sis Lini and Farhana leaving
the house at Kg Baru
 
 
There are lots of foods served but what you can find in most houses are:


1)      Lemang

2)      Ketupat

3)      Rendang ayam

4)      Nasi minyak

5)       Kek Lapis (they make their own Kek Lapis like us (The peninsular people) bake our own cookies for Hari Raya)

6)      Nasi Impit

I also given chance to taste one of the signature dishes of Iban People which is call ‘Pangsuh’. The ‘Pangsuh’ that I ate are made of fish instead of chicken. It was quite delicious and the meat was tender and a little bit salty.

Overall, today left me no time to lamenting my sadness and I was really happy that my first experience ‘beraya’ in Kapit turn into such an adventure. Thanks to my housemate for bringing me along with them (and Zura for lending her bike to me)... Guys, I heart you!!
 
 
I am so happy today!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment