Thursday, October 11, 2012

Interim teacher... SARAWAK??!!!!!

Assalamualaikum....


Shock! Shock! S.H.O.C.K!!!!!

Ok did I ever mention to you all that I am a teacher-to-be? Well I am. After being ignored by the government for the last 6 months, finally my friend and I will be posted as Interim teacher or also known as DC 41 instead of DG 41 ( a full-fledged teacher)

So what is Interim's Teacher?
The duration the teaching that you done during the Interim period will not be counted as a permanent services, which mean that your seniority and gratuity will not be counted. The permanent appointment will be subjected to the decision of SPP interviewer, either from the date of the interview or to be moved up to the date you're deployed as an interim.

So this is an interim teacher. There are advantages and disadvantages which are:
Advantages:

1) For me who are tied by the government, this is an opportunity for me to work.
2) I got the wages.
3) I got money to spent

Disadvantages:

1) They might forget us and we will lose our seniority and gratuity as we continue to be interim  teacher.
2) We only got wages in a lump sum of three months.

And this year, 88% of the B.ed Tesl Cohort 5 IPG Kampus Perempuan Melayu are being posted to Sabah and Sarawak.

What???!!! (Ok this is my first reaction)
No way (my denial)
How can this be? (Started  to cry here)
Sleep (trying to forget about this ordeal)

What's more, we have less than a week to prepare everything from the DPT (Dokumen Perjalanan Terhad) to luggage, tickets (still not sure whether I have to buy it myself or the government will support us) and etc!! So here I am slowly preparing myself for the worst. I know that some people have the scepticism about the Sabah and Sarawak. I admit, I also have some worst views about the Borneo.. but my brother advise me to do my best and I also had promised myself to give everything a chance before jumping into any conclusion.

So to sum it up... Sarawak and Sarawakian, please take a good care of me... Onegaishimase !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment