Wednesday, October 24, 2012

To Kapit


Assalamualaikum..

Holla!!! I’m in…… KAPITTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!

AYAK, my previous post deal with my angst and my depression on my destiny to be posted to Sarawak and guess what??

 I’m HERE already~

Ho..ho.. I not going to say that I really love it here…. But so far so good… place is okay, not that much different from Kampar (the communities here are mostly non Muslim and It is not bother me since I’m also come from that kind of communities) though it is too quiet and too serene for my own good.. I am already here for about a week and I already got depressed from the lack of excitement (shopping complex and etc). .. L

Well, let’s stop talking about my lack of excitement and focus on to the main topic which is…

“How to arrive at Kapit from the Penisular of Malaysia” (semenanjung
J)(and I hope I phrase this sentence well)

That is my concern the whole Sunday and Monday before I arrive here last week.  Since the govt haven’t got any time to deal with us, we (the teacher being posted to Sabah and Sarawak) have to deal with the ticket, the JPN and PPD ourselves), As for me, I did not even have anyone to pick me up until I arrive at Kapit by myself! (My friend who are supposed to go with me decided to not since she is heavily pregnant)
 
Me fooling around with my friend Hanisah
 


                                                             My Flight MH 2712
 

I left home on Tuesday and boarded the 3.20 PM ETS and arrived at KL Sentral  on 5.30 PM… My uncle picked me up and I stayed at his home. The next day journey begins at 6 AM and it took nearly one-hour drive to arrive at KLIA. There, I met with my friend Hanisah and we waited until 8.00 to enter the departure hall. At the departure hall, we unite with Syazlin and Hani who just arrive from Kota Bharu by airplane. Overall, the flight was uneventful, I got a mild plane sickness, the handsome flight attendant got prick with my needle which are poking out from my bag and the food was considerably good ( I HEART Malaysia Airlines).

We arrived at Sibu at 9.50 in one piece and multiple sick scenarios in my mind since we are going to be separated in another mere minutes. The Immigration was smooth and before long we are out of the airport with our bag. Now the important things, In order to go to Sibu from the airport, you have to purchase the Taxi ticket from the counter inside the airport. There is no other way except if you have your own ride. It cost RM 35. After boarding the taxi,  we went to Sibu’s Bas Station to drop Hani who are going to Mukah before continuing to Waf, where I am going to board my Boat to Kapit.
 

This is my boat, Sibu Boleh~
 
I am lucky to be able to board the express since the next and the last boat are going to stop all over the place. The ticket can be purchased at RM 20, RM 25 and RM 30. Since this is my first time riding a boat, I opted for the expensive one, with a hope that I am going to survive the ride. The ride was TOTALLY uneventful. I was so short that I can’t  look outside if I am sitted and I was loaded with bags that I can’t move freely. Furthermore, I was too strung up to consider sleeping to pass my time (but the guy next to me was so cute… kind of like a Korean’s BB J)

 
The inside of the Boat (kind of like Transnasional)
 
The trip took me 3-hours along Rajang River (no crocodile in sight) and I arrive at 3.30 PM. Now I got problem. One of my biggest luggage is parked on the top of the boat and we have to walk along the small side of the boat to get off or picking up our luggage. There are many people and I was kind of blocking the traffic trying to pick up the bag (even if I managed to pick up the bag, I think I’m going to fall off from the boat eventually since the bag is heavy) so I decided to get off the bag and waited until the crowd dissipated, when one men asked me for my luggage number (wow kind of like boarding an aeroplane) and promised me that he will get it for me. After waiting for 5 minutes, he came with my luggage and even brings it up to the station (there are 30 steps up I think before we arrive at the station). I paid him RM 5 (he asked RM 4 for his services but I just can’t be bother to find changes since I am too tired from the journey,. My housemate later on tell me that they are called Kuli Batak and the can even lifted up the motorcycle from the boat!!! And actually you can pay them however much you want) and here I am at Kapit. I met the PPD’s officer, however since I already called the school to pick me up. Luckily for me that my GB already waiting for me and off we go to school…

 Ok that is the overall experience I got during my journey from Perak to Kapit. I hope that I can help the students here and be a better teacher in the future.. Until next time…

 Intinerary
Kampar - KL Sentral - Rm 22 (ETS)
KLIA - SIbu Airport - RM 391 (Aeroplane)
Sibu Airport  - Waf Rm 35 (Taxi)
Waf - Kapit - RM 30 (Boat Express)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment